An exterior view of the Unit Four Cinema, observed from the west, in Shipley, West Yorkshire">
This cinema, originally named the Prince’s Hall Picture House, was opened in 1911 and built upon the site of the former Shipley Pavilion to the design of architect William Illingworth.
After a major renovation in 1962, the cinema came under the Stars Cinema chain in 1972, where it was transformed into a four-screened facility. The cinema was named Studios 1, 2, 3, 4 thereafter.
In 1978, the cinema was renamed the Unit Four Cinemas, which it remained until being taken over in 1999 by local businessmen. Renamed the Shipley Flicks, it struggled in the face of nearby multiplex competition and was demolished in 2001 to make way for a block of residential flats.